It has been awhile! As our friends seem to be all over the place now, I am always curious as to where everyone is and what you are all up to. And I realized I couldn't be upset when people don't update if I was keeping up-to-date myself! So here's an attempt to recap the last year quickly.
We moved into our new house in Lubbock, Texas on July 13, 2011!! We love our neighborhood, we have a nice park at the end of our street to take Barkley to play, and we enjoyed painting it and making it ours. Tyson's family drove down with us and helped us move everything in. Luckily Kennedy and Riley got to stay behind and help us paint!
In August, Tyson started his new job at University Medical Center as a Health Unit Coordinator. I became a true Red Raider and went back to school at Texas Tech University to get my teaching certificate.
In September we had visitors! Justin and Ashley Casperson came and spent the weekend with us. We enjoyed some great Texas BBQ, a Texas Tech football game, and the boys drove to Dallas and went to a much anticipated Cowboys game. (Monday Night Football vs. the Redskins, Tyson said)
October was a busy month. For my 26th birthday Tyson surprised me with Taylor Swift Tickets! It was an awesome concert. We experienced our first Haboob, which by definition is a violent and oppressive dust storm. Others around us laughed as Tyson and I were completely in awe watching the cloud devour our town. We also drove 13 hours to Las vegas to run the Ragnar Relay with the Omers, the Caspersons', and Tysons' brother and sister.
In November my parents came for Thanksgiving! And of course Tyson participated, poorly, in Novembeard.
In December, We had our first real christmas tree, I just couldn't resist the smell! We also dressed up as Whoo's to deliver Christmas goodies, and we attended an ugly Christmas Sweater Party. For Christmas we made the 20 hour drive back home to Twin Falls. Barkley was so good on the ride home!
We started off the New Year with a kiss, and with all our friends and family! Later on in January after our long trip home, Tyson and I were at dinner at One Guys Pizza and we spotted Bob Knight. Tyson just had to get a picture of him. I started my student teaching at Coronado High School where I taught Health.
February was pretty laid back, but we did go to a pretty sweet Valentines Day Party.
Tyson turned 25 years old in March! We also took a fun little trip with both sets of Bowens to Sweet Water Texas for the annual Rattlesnake Roundup!
In April we had more visitors, Chris and Kara (Tyson's uncle and aunt) were road-tripping to San Antonio and they stopped in Lubbock for a few days to see us. Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures while they were here because we were busy having to much fun. Our good friends Tia and Cam gave birth to William "Liam" Mac Bowen. Also in April I finished my student teaching and hopped on a plane to Utah where I attended Women's Conference with my mother, Brenda, and Madi. Afterwards we drove up to Logan to throw Ashley Casperson a baby shower.
May was a pretty low key month. We planted our first garden, and ALMOST caught a glimpse of the total lunar eclipse until the clouds rolled in bright before it happened. And the most exciting news, Ashley and Justin Casperson gave birth to little Davis Braydon Casperson
In June, I made the long car ride home by myself because Tyson had to stay and work. On the way home I stopped and stayed a few days in Colorado Springs. While I was there we went to the Colorado Springs Zoo. Once I made the second half of the trek Tyson flew into Salt Lake City and we combined efforts for a May/Traveller Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay. It was so fun to have my family there with me this time.




And Last but not least we announced that we are expecting! Due December 23rd! We are so excited and couldn't be more happy!





























What a fun update. You are so cute in every picture. Congratulations on expecting! That will be one cute baby. So excited for you!
ReplyDeleteHip hip hooray for baby traveller! Can't wait to see you guys next month. What an amazing 2012 year you guys will be having! Love the update, you've encouraged me to start documenting our lives again.
ReplyDeleteYay!! What a fun post! I almost gave up on you!! ;) What a great way to recap a year. Congrats on baby boy cookin! Hope you are feeling good...I'm sure you are super cute prego!! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete